Expression of Interest
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR DESIGN AND BUILD OF A 500 SEATER CONFERENCE HALL AT SUNBIRD LIVINGSTONIA BEACH
Sunbird Tourism Plc (Sunbird) is a publicly quoted enterprise, listed on the Malawi Stock exchange. The company operates a total of 9 hotels, all strategically located in Malawi’s key business hubs and resort locations.
In a bid to expand the conference capacity due to growing demand and to complement its existing infrastructure at Sunbird Livingstonia Beach and Sunbird Waterfront Resorts, Sunbird has identified the need to construct a 500 seater conference hall with modern facilities including a restaurant to reposition Sunbird Tourism Plc as a leading MICE destination brand in Malawi and enhance guests experience. The company is now looking for organizations with multi-discipline capabilities and resources to submit their Expressions of Interest to design and construct 500 seater conference facilities at Sunbird Livingstonia in Senga Bay, Salima district.
In order to be shortlisted for this project’s next phase, the following requisites will form part of the evaluation criteria, among others:
- Details of specific experience of the firm relating to the assignment, with traceable references, including those of multidisciplinary team members will be key evaluation criteria
- Qualifications and experience of key management and technical personnel (i.e. full - time professional and technical staff complement) including period worked with the tenderer’s establishment; and those of multidisciplinary team members inclusive of design and project management team members profile.
- A demonstration that the firm has sufficient resources to carry out the task
- Name of Bankers and authorization for client to seek bankers’ reference if necessary
- Information regarding litigation
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Current NCIC membership
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Expressions of Interest to participate in Sunbird Livingstonia Conference Design and Build project should be submitted to the following no later than Thursday, 31 March 2022:
The Procurement Manager
Sunbird Tourism plc
Glyn Jones Road
P O Box 376
Sunbird Tourism Plc does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any offer, and reserves the right to cancel any or all the bids or to revert to any alternative way of selecting the required service provider.