- Range of Responsibility:
- Performs professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting performance, operational, financial and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization's management and staff; and providing input to development of the annual internal audit plan. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and completes all internal audit work in compliance with The IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards). Works under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in identifying and evaluating the organization's audit risk areas and provides input to the development of the risk-based annual internal audit plan.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations for improvement using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis.
- Develops and maintains productive team-oriented client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Performs related work as assigned by audit management. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business related disciplines from an accredited college or university.
- CIA/ACCA/CISA or other related certifications will be an added advantage
- At least three years of full-time experience in internal auditing or external auditing
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards and Code of Ethics. Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Knowledge of contemporary risk management, control, and control frameworks.
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, systems documentation, audit packages, and other business software to prepare work papers, reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious team-oriented working relationships with co-workers, and external contacts, and work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Interesting candidates should apply indicating three traceable referees to the following