Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions:
- INTERNAL AUDITOR
Reporting to: Senior Internal Auditor
Range of Responsibility:
Performs professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting performance, operational, financial and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; and providing input to development of the annual internal audit plan. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and completes all internal audit work in compliance with The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards). Works under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in identifying and evaluating the organization’s audit risk areas and provides input to the development of the risk-based annual internal audit plan.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations for improvement using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis.
- Develops and maintains productive team-oriented client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Performs related work as assigned by audit management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related disciplines from an accredited college or university.
- CIA/ACCA/CISA or other related certifications will be an added advantage
- At least three years of full-time experience in internal auditing or external auditing
Must also have the following demostrated knowledge:
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Knowledge of contemporary risk management, control, and control frameworks.
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, systems documentation, audit packages, and other business software to prepare work papers, reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious team-oriented working relationships with co-workers, and external contacts, and work effectively in a professional team environment.
Closing date for receiving the applications for the Post of INTERNAL AUDITOR is 17th May, 2021
- DEBTORS OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Debtors Officer based in Lilongwe.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Ensures that all hotels send invoices for delivery to clients on time.
- Ensures that all the payments are collected from clients on time
- Ensures that all reconciliation and issues from the clients are resolved timely and liaising with the hotels if need be.
- Prepares debtors collection schedule for planning purposes
- Constant engagement with clients on the status of payments
- Ensures that statements to debtors are sent to facilitate payment timely
- Constant engagement of the online payments made to the hotels for updating of the ledger at all times.
- Ensures that weekly debtors report is prepared for management information and decision making
- Ensures that debtors ageing summary analysis is prepared on monthly basis for management information and decision making
- Liaises with account managers verbally or through email on debt collection progress
- Attends to all queries pertaining to debtors in a professional manner for smooth running of debt collection, both from clients and from the hotels
- Ensures that proper filing system is maintained at all times for record keeping
- Any other duties as may be assigned by The Lodge Manager from time to time
- Diploma in Accounting from a recognised institution.
- A full Malawi School Certificate of Education with credits in English and Mathematics.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position in a busy accounting office. Those with experience in the field are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication and customer care skills.
- Positive attitude is a MUST.
- Those with a driving license will have an added advantage.
Closing date for receiving the applications for the Post of DEBTORS OFFICER is 14th May, 2021
Interested applicants should send their applications, including detailed Curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees in confidence to:
The Chief Human Capital and Development Officer
Sunbird Tourism Plc,
P.O. Box 376,
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending by email, please clearly state in the Subject line the Position being applied for.